These days, you never know what electronic marketing is going to dish up to you! With the rise of social media and ever reducing attention spans, customers are becoming impatient, more demanding and raising their expectations.
What can you do to be more responsive to your customers? What will lead to good reviews, excellent testimonials, and boost customer loyalty?
Here are some suggestions:
- Ask customers what they want. Do some research so you know that you are getting it right.
- Manage customer expectations. Guide your customers to the channel that is best for them.
- Develop robust procedures. Set internal benchmarks that your team must meet.
- Educate your employees. Product knowledge, FAQ’s are essential for all staff to be familiar with.
- Provide self service options. An FAQ section on your web site, automatic reorder facilities etc.
- Use technology. Instant replies, automatically sent. There is a range of service software available to automate and deliver customer service.
- Don’t forget to stay human. Speed is of the essence, but don’t rush! That too can cause problems. You must listen to customer comments, make sure you hear what is being said. The human touch can make a BIG difference.
With thanks to Rieva Lesonsky.
P.S. This article is part of my Secrets of Success series, aimed at helping business owners and entrepreneurs with some of the key components of business success. The insights I wish I’d had at the start of my business career. I hope that by passing on these little gems of knowledge I can give you some support and help you along the pathway to growth and prosperity.